For the duration of KUSP, the following expenses will be covered by KUSP for the students selected as participants:
- Dormitory housing
- Lab tours
- Korean language and culture class (for non-Korean participants only)
- Air fare reimbursement
- Air fare reimbursement is offered for non-Korean, undergraduate or above level participants only.
No travel support is offered for high school participants.
This will cover a significant portion of the international flight expenses (TBA) from your home country
to Korea according to KUSP policy
Please note :
- Participants who drop out of the program are required to pay back any financial support received.
- The air fare will be reimbursed only after the successful completion of the program.
- KUSP reimbursement policy is as follows:
- Your flights should be economy class round-trip deal, directly from your home country (or institute)
to Korea and multi-city/stop flights are allowed only if you have transfers (layovers) in a third country
as a part of the flight plan.
- If your flights are a bundle deal of local flights and international flights, you may be
asked to submit an official document from your airline that clearly states the
precise cost breakdown of your flights.
- The arrival and departure date of your flights should be within 2 days of the start
and end of the program.
- Once you agree to participate in KUSP, we will provide financial support for your lodging at
KAIST campus and a significant portion of air fare. However, if you plan to get additional
financial support on airfare and lodging from a third party institute/individual, you should let us
know in advance and choose either to get support from CAPP/IBS, or to get support from the
third party, exclusively. CAPP/IBS is not allowed to provide financial support to a student who
gets sponsorship from a third party institute, in order to avoid any double dipping case.
- The third party institute/individual includes any other fellowship program, or
research/educational support program, from your institute or else. This excludes support from
your parents or lawful guidance.