KUSP is a research oriented summer program.
The KUSP participants will be expected to focus on individual or team research projects for about 40 hours per
week under the supervision of the IBS scientists. At the end of the program, all the KUSP participants will
be required to submit a written report and present a poster on their research outcome from the program.
We kindly ask all KUSP students to abide by the following rules to ensure the successful operation of the program and to encourage active research performance.
- All the KUSP students will be asked to observe the designated check-in/out date of accommodation and the period of KUSP program. It will not be allowed to request the extension or contraction of the program participation.
- The KUSP students will be requested to follow the safety rules and code of conduct of the IBS and KAIST. Every research centers may have different rules and regulations, therefore, it should be noted that students have to follow such rules exactly. It is important to respect the safety of other KUSP participants and IBS members. Any failure to comply with the rules, with respect to safety and sexual harassment, will result in immediate dismissal from the program. In case of dismissal, the student will be responsible for all the expenses incurred as a result of withdrawal from the program.
- The KUSP students will be expected to submit an internal progress report, describing the status of your research, and a final report, which will be publicly shared, by a specified deadline in order to encourage your research. Failure to submit these reports will be regarded as incompletion of the program.
- Students will have a chance to participate the world-leading researches with IBS researchers. The result will be publicly accessible.
- Accomodation: KUSP program will fully support the accomodation of the KUSP students during the whole period of the program. (i.e. students don't need to reserve hotel nor pay for the accomodation.) All KUSP students will be requested to use the prepared accomodation.
- Unlikely the previous KUSP program, there will be no travel support this year.